Monday, February 1, 2010

Low Fat Strawberry Banana Muffins

I know it's been a couple days since I've posted anything. I was invited to another birthday dinner, gotta love birthdays, and then I was invited to my grandma's for Sunday dinner. So instead of a dinner idea I'm posting the recipe to these really good muffins to start off the week. I love making muffins and having them for breakfast, and my husband snacks on them pretty much all day long, he tells me it's ok because they're low fat:) which is another reason why I really like these. I'm feeling motivated to get more healthy. I want to try to switch over to all wheat, or at least mostly. Anyways enough about me these muffins are REALLY good. They even get better the next day and stay good for days to come. Muffins are so easy to make and make it easy in the morning for a quick breakfast, so give these a try!

2 1/3 c whole
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
2 1/2 t baking powder
1/8 t salt
1 c fresh strawberries
1 c milk
1/3 c banana yogurt
1 mashed well ripe banana
1 egg
1 t vanilla

Mix flour, both sugars, baking powder, and salt. Stir in chopped strawberries. In separate bowl mix remaining ingredients. Pour liquids in with dry ingredients and mix just until moist. Do not over mix. Cook in greased muffin tins or use baking cups. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. I have to try these too. Dang it Ashlee. I don't know if this blog of yours is a good idea. JK. I am making a list of all the ingredients I will need to pick up on Friday. Yeah! Seriously these sound so so good and I'm sure Ben will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really good and they're even better the next day! They're low fat and they've got fruit, what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I haven't made these yet. I still need to buy strawberries, oh, and I couldn't find just plain banana yogurt so I got the banana cream pie yoplat. It should still taste good right? I'll let ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah sorry that's actually what I used too, so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I finally made these. They were way good. Ben really liked them too. Also, they did taste even better the next day like you said. Thanks Ashlee.

    ReplyDelete