Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Egg and Sausage Breakfast Ring

I don't know about everyone else, but I love doing breakfast for dinner. I found this recipe in my newest Pillbsbury Cook book. Honestly this one was kind of a divider in my house. My husband liked it, but I didn't love it, I didn't hate it either, I think it was the cream cheese that didn't work for me so for me if I were to do it again I would change it up just a little. Below I listed how it's suppose to be made and then how I would change it if I were to make it again. If anything this just gives you an idea of breakfast for dinner..right?!?

Mine definitely didn't turn out like this

1/2 lb pork sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
1/3 c. sliced green onions
1/3 c. chopped red bell pepper
5 eggs
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
3 oz pkg. of cream cheese, softened
2 cans pillsbury crescent rolls
1/2 c. cheddar monterey jack cheese blend
1 egg beaten
1 t. sesame seed


Heat oven to 375. Spray large cookie sheet. Cook sausage and onions until sausage is completely cooked; drain. Stir in red bell pepper and cook until tender. Remove from pan. In small bowl beat eggs, salt, and pepper. Add to pan. Cook until eggs are set but still moist. Stir in sausage mixture and cream cheese. Unroll both cans of crescents making a 14x13 rectangle. Press edges together to seal. Spoon egg mixture down center to within 1/2 in of edges. Sprinkle with cheese. Starting with longest side, roll up. Shape into a circle. Cut several slits on top. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seed. Bake 25-30 minutes.

or

Cook Sausage and red pepper until sausage is completely cooked. In small bowl beat 6 eggs and salt and pepper. Reserve 2 Tb of egg mixture, pour remaining eggs into pan with sausage. Add onion and cook until completely set. Unroll both cans of crescents making a 14x13 rectangle. Pour egg mixture down the middle leaving several inches on both sides. Fold flaps of crescent over egg mixture pinching the ends to seal. Brush with reserved eggs. I thought the sesame seeds tasted funny so I would leave them off. Bake 25-30 minutes.

I'm sorry if this makes absolutely no sense I even had to read their instructions a few times so I hope the picture helps. Let me know if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment