Monday, February 8, 2010

Easy Apple Turn Overs

Once again I didn't make dinner last night because my mom invited us over for dinner. Kind of funny once you have a kid people like to invite you over...j/k, we've been blessed to be able to live close to both our families so between the two we get invited fairly often. Anyway I was prompted to make a dessert, something apple and these apple turn overs came to mind. I just barely got the recipe from a friend of mine, I won't mention her name because she would probably be embaressed, but she knows who she is:) Anyway, they turned out really good so I had to share!

1 c butter, melted
1 1/2 c sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 cans pillsbury crescents
2 apples peeled and cut into 8 slices each
1 can mountain dew (I didn't have MD so I used sprite)

Mix butter with sugar. Add vanilla. Wrap each apple slice in a crescent roll covering entire apple. Place in greased 9x13 pan. Pour butter mixture over. Pour can of Mountain Dew around the outer edges of pan. Bake uncovered at 375 for 40 minutes. Serve over ice cream. Yum!

1 comment: