Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins

I've been trying to save money buy making more of my food rather then just buy everything. One of the things I've been doing is making muffins for breakfast instead of buying cereal. I have been totally surprised at how much this has saved me. Cereal can be so expensive $3-4 a box, even though I know you can get some really good deals with coupons I always seem to like the expensive stuff that never goes on sale. Not to mention I just get bored of cereal every morning, and let's be honest, it gives me something to do that I enjoy. So if your like me and sick of cereal try these Carrot Cake Muffins that I found on Studio 5 from I Can't Believe It's Food Storage by Crystal Godfrey.

2 c. brown sugar
1 c. oil
3 eggs ( you can you powdered eggs here by just adding these in with the dry ingredients)
3 c. carrots finely grated (can also use food storage carrots just finely chopped)
1 c. crushed pineapple
2 t. vanilla
3 c. whole wheat flour
1 t. salt
1 T. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 c. raisins soaked in water- optional
1 c. walnuts-optional

Mix oil and su gar. Add eggs, carrots, pineapple and vanilla. Mix well. In separate bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add raisins and walnuts. Combine with wet ingredients, do not over mix. To be honest this recipe was posted without a baking temperature and I guessed 375, but that seemed to be too hot as mine got slightly over cooked too fast, so I would assume it should be 350 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment