Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crock Pot Marinara Chicken

I actually made something totally different last night. It was a Mexican dish made in the crock pot, but I wasn't thoroughly impressed with it so I'm giving you this one instead. I love love love this recipe, unfortunately I'll probably never make it again because I'm allergic to milk and it calls for whipping cream and I try really hard to stay away from dairy products. I usually will just substitute with other things, but it doesn't work for everything and whipping cream is one of those things. This recipe is from an old ward cook book of mine. Sometimes these can be some of the best places to find recipes. Anyways, I hope you like this one as much as I did, and it's another crock pot one which everyone seems to like, so give it a try!

4-5 chicken breasts
1 Tb. melted butter
1 pkg. dry Italian dressing
1 bottle Marinara Sauce ( I used Paul Newman, also suggested in original recipe)
1 t. crushed red pepper- don't be scared this really doesn't make it real spicy, but it is optional
1/2 c. whipping cream

Put 1/2 inch of water in bottom of crock pot. Cut all fat off chicken, cut into thick pieces and put in water (or you could probably just use chicken tenders just don't cook as long) Drizzle butter over chicken. Sprinkle Italian dressing over chicken and let cook on high for 2-3 hours. Pour marinara sauce over chicken and let cook on low for another 1-2 hours. One half hour before eating add crushed red pepper and whipping cream. Serve over your favorite pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment