Saturday, February 6, 2010

BLT Sandwich Spread

So once again it was sandwich night at my house. This time I even made my own bread. Believe it or not this was my first time making a yeast bread. I'm not a big baker and I just never felt the desire to make my own bread, until now. I just thought it would be fun to try, and surprisingly it turned out pretty good. Even if you choose not to make your own bread, which I don't blame you, this BLT spread will make your typical turkey sandwich taste like you bought it from your favorite sandwich shop. So give it a try!

1/2 lb cooked bacon, chopped up
1/3 c. mayo
1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 t. garlic
1/4 t. pepper
2-3 diced tomatoes or I used a couple spoonfuls of canned tomatoes, drained

Just mix up and serve in place of mayo and mustard. You can even make in advance just leaving tomatoes until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment