Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

Ok so to be honest I really don't know much about Cinco de Mayo, but it was a great excuse to get together with friends and family and have some yummy Mexican food, and to use this cute serving dish I got for my wedding that I've never been able to use until now. Anyway, to the important part..food! I made these yummy grilled chicken and chili-lime steak tacos, Mexican sour cream rice (fyi- I used about half the amount of sour cream), pineapple, and my favorite guacamole dip and to drink this super yummy limeade punch and for dessert Tres leche cake with strawberries. I got lots of compliments about the rice which I really liked, but I really loved the punch and was so sad when Frank spilled the last pitcher of it:( Everyone liked the cake as well, but I'm not sure if I'm completely sold, I think I will stick with my usual strawberry shortcake. Anyway this is kind of a lazy post where I'm just going to give you links to all of these yummy recipes, but trust me they were all really good, and all super easy which is always important!

No comments:

Post a Comment