Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rumbi Rice Bowls

These turned out so awesome! I've never used Yoshida's Sauce Marinade until now, but I'm pretty sure it's my new favorite product. I have to laugh because my friend literally just made a post on her blog about this stuff, seriously it's that good! You can use it as just a marinade, in your hamburgers, or just as a simple teriyaki chicken bowl. Anyway, if I haven't convinced you enough just to try this stuff, hopefully this recipe will push you over the edge to just go buy some. The other ingredient in this recipe that might not be something you have on hand is the chili garlic sauce, but I have no doubt you'll use it up just making this recipe over and over. It's also used in a lot of Asian dishes such as lettuce wraps. Seriously, considering how many vegetables are in this and the fact that my husband still said it was good, tells you how good this really was. Don't wait..just do it!

Recipe found at whatsonmymenu.blogspot.com and originally from favfamilyrecipes.com

1-2 T. vegetable oil
1 zucchini, cut into small chunks
4 carrots, peeled and grated, or cut into small pieces
3 celery stalks, sliced
1 1/2 c. chopped broccoli
2 c. grilled chicken, cut into bite size pieces (I just used precooked since it's not really grilling weather here)
3 c. cooked rice or Rumbi rice

Saute vegetables until crisp tender (or desired doneness.) I chose to add my chicken and sauce all into the pan and just serve over the rice, but your really suppose to let the sauce cool and just serve over top rice and veggies.

Spicy Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce
3/4 c. Yoshida's marinade
1 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. chili garlic sauce (this can be found in the Asian section)
1 tsp. fresh ginger (I just sprinkled a little ground ginger)
pinch of salt
pinch of brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. cold water

In a small saucepan add Yoshida's marinade through brown sugar and cook until boiling. Meanwhile, in a separate container mix cornstarch and water and slowly add to sauce stirring constantly. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about a minute or until slightly thickened. Allow to cool and serve over veggies and rice (or like me just make it one big stir with sauce, chicken, and veggies.)

Serving Size 347 g

Amount Per Serving

Calories 554
Calories from fat 44

Total Fat 5.0g 8%
Saturated Fat 1.2g 6%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 40mg 13%
Sodium 556mg 23%
Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19%
Sugars 19.2g
Protein 23.1g

Vitamin A 152% Vitamin C 49%
Calcium 11% Iron 30%
Nutrition Grade A-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

No comments:

Post a Comment