Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake

I couldn't go through strawberry season without posting this one. This is the best cake for strawberries and whipped cream! Me and Frank can devour it in days..I know it's kind of sad. One year we literally made this week after week, yes it's that good! I haven't made it yet this year, but I have extra strawberries so this might be the week. If I do I will post a picture, but don't expect too much, the cake itself isn't overly pretty, but it makes up for it in taste. The best part of this cake is it is super easy. In fact usually when it is made in our house Frank is the one making it. So if Frank can make it anyone can:) Oh and by the way this is Frank's grandma's recipe, another one of her famous dishes!
Before- like I said not the prettiest cake
After-Yum!

1 yellow cake mix that has pudding in it (I think most of them do now and sometimes it's hard to find on the box, it's been awhile since I've bought one, but I'm pretty sure they all do now)
1 stick of butter
4 eggs
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar

Heat oven to 350. Cut butter into chunks and place in cake pan, stick pan in oven until butter is melted. While butter is melting mix the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 2 eggs until smooth. This next step sounds really strange but trust me it works. Pull out cake pan and sprinkle cake mix over melted butter and add 2 eggs. Give a quick mix until completely moiste (don't over think this just give it a quick mix not worrying about every little lump.) Pour cream cheese mixture over cake mix and butter mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream..yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment