Monday, April 5, 2010

Best Macaroni Salad

So you know how everyone kind of has their designated dishes they bring to every family get together? Like my husband's grandma is always expected to do a potato salad or baked beans, rain or shine, barbecue or banquet, it's always there. And my mother-in-law is like queen of anything fruit and pudding salad. And now I am officially in charge of bringing this macaroni salad. Honestly macaroni salad is macaroni salad, but if you want the best macaroni salad this is it!

1 lb cooked elbow noodles
1 red pepper minced
1/4 c. onion minced-you won't even notice the onions if your not a fan
1/2 c. celery minced
1 c. coleslaw dressing
1/2 c. mayo
2 t. mustard
1 t. cider vinegar
1/4 c. sweet relish
2. t. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 T. celery seed (I've made it without and it still turns out good)
1/2 lb cooked bacon, chopped (I used precooked and just quickly do it in the microwave)

In a medium size bowl combine pasta, red pepper, onion, and celery. In a separate bowl combine
the next 9 ingredients- ending with celery seed. Pour over pasta and mix. Fold in bacon and voila!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this is another dish that I think I will try. Do you think it would make a difference if I used regular vinegar in place of cider vinegar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah that should be fine there's not enough to make a big difference:)

    ReplyDelete