Monday, March 29, 2010

Meat Loaf

So I totally hesitate to post this only for the reason that most people already have their own meat loaf recipe, or they just flat out don't like meat loaf all together. Also I don't have a specific recipe, it's one of those that's a little of this and a little of that, but I'll try to get it down to a little more specific. Again I really hesitate with this only because I feel everyone has kind of a different idea of meatloaf, but if you are willing to try I think this is a pretty good recipe compared to other ones I've tried. If your use to a more plain and somewhat dry meatloaf, this is completely opposite. The original recipe that my mom made used fresh onion, but my husband's not a big onion person and it tended to be a little oniony, but just like all these recipes do what works for your family.

1 egg
2 T. dried minced onion
1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers crushed- or if you don't have those you can use your kids snack, gold fish:) that's what I used yesterday.
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 c. Heinz 57
ketchup
honey
3 slices of bacon

In a medium bowl mix egg with onion, and crackers. Add in ground beef and Heinz 57 and mix together. The best way to do this is with your hands but a fork works as well. Put meat loaf into a loaf pan and drizzle ketchup and honey on top. Top meatloaf with bacon slices and cook at 375 for 45 minutes. I'm not going to lie this turns out really greasy, but what do you expect with ground beef and bacon? Just drain the grease and let sit for 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment