Monday, March 8, 2010

Enchil-lasagna Day 2 rollover meal

Ok so I'm officially a Rachael Ray fan. I've always loved her show, but I'm officially a fan of her recipes too! This turned out really good, so good that I couldn't get enough to Parker fast enough. He was going nuts over this, which officially makes this a new favorite for me. This dinner worked great for a Sunday dinner and then rolled over perfectly for a quick weekday meal. I loved loved loved this recipe. The other part that I really liked about this was that it was so different from any other meal I've made. I would have never thought to use a meat loaf this way. So if you had any second thoughts of making the turkey stuffin' meatloaf hopefully I've convinced you to try it now so that you can try this meal as well!

3 c. reserved gravy (I have no clue where these measurements came from when you only make the gravy using 2 c. of stock the night before, so how that happens I'm not sure so I just quickly made some more)
1 16 oz. can of green chili salsa (this has become a new favorite ing. of mine ever since the chicken ole)
8 whole wheat flour tortillas (don't use mission tortillas they're horrible)
10 oz bag frozen corn ( I bought a much bigger bag and just kind of guessed)
1 14 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
4-5 green onions chopped
1 turkey meatloaf from night before, thinly sliced
2 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack or pepper Jack

In a medium bowl combine gravy and salsa. Spread a thin layer in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Layer 2 tortillas, 1/3 corn, 1/3 black beans, 1/3 green onion, 1/3 meat loaf, 1/4 green salsa mix, and 1/4 cheese. Repeat layers until all gone ending with a layer of tortillas, gravy, and remaining cheese. Cook at 400 for 15-20 minutes.

Sorry I forgot to take a picture but will hopefully get one soon:)

1 comment:

  1. wow I don't dare try any of those dishes. You are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete