Monday, February 14, 2011

Chunky Monkey Banana Muffins

There's nothing worse than putting so much effort into making something only to have it totally flop in the end. Which is exactly how the last few batches of muffins I've made have turned out. Sometimes I like to blame the recipe, or the new weird muffin molds my mom gave me, but reality is I probably just goofed them. Anyway what I'm trying to get at is that after a long string of muffins not turning out, these ones finally did and were great!


1 cup White Sugar
2 whole Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
4 whole Bananas, Mashed
¾ cups Buttermilk
1 cup Margarine, Melted
3 cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
1 cup Coconut Sweetened, Shredded
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients together then add to wet ingredients. Mix just until moist. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Makes 24 muffins.

This recipe was found on the Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment