Monday, April 11, 2011

Steak Dinner

Sorry I've been a little out of commission lately for several reasons, but mostly because I'm pregnant! I've been going through the usual not feeling good, nothing sounding good, and just flat out too tired to care. So needless to say I haven't been testing out many new recipes and mostly just sticking with the tried and true easy staple recipes. Anyway we had steak last night with a new marinade and a fun change on mashed potatoes with roasted asparagus and broccoli for the sides and it all turned out awesome and was super easy which is most important these days. I loved the marinade, Frank had me a little scared because he said it was burned, but it was really just the basil in the marinade that just darkened, but it was delicious so I hope you enjoy!


Best Steak Marinade
Allrecipes.com

1/3 c. soy
1/2 c. olive oil
1/3 lemon juice
1/4 c. worcestershire
1 1/2 T garlic powder (I used fresh minced)
3 T. basil
1 1/2 t. parsley
1 t. pepper
1/4 t hot pepper sauce ( I used just a little shy of this, but it wasn't spicy at all so don't shy away)
1 t. dried minced garlic (honestly I think this was just mistyped and was suppose to be onion, but I just didn't add it)

Combine all ingredients and add steak. Allow to marinade over night or at least 10 hours. Grill steak.

Restaurant Style Smashed Potatoes
thepioneerwoman.com

5 whole
Large Red Potatoes

1 stick
Butter, Softened And Cut Into Pieces
( I used about half this amount)
5 slices
Bacon, cooked and crumbled

2 whole
Green Onions, Sliced
( I didn't have any so I made it without these)
¾ cups
Sour Cream

Salt To Taste (add Plenty!)

Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste

¾ cups
French Fried Onions, More For Topping


Nuke or bake potatoes until you can easily poke a fork into it. I chose to nuke them and it turned out great. Add potatoes to a large bowl and mash with potato masher. Stir in remaining ingredients and serve immediately.

For a lower fat option try these Crash Hot Potatoes which also look super yummy! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/

1 comment:

  1. you're pregnant? yay! that's so exciting! hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete