Thursday, January 28, 2010

Heavenly Ham and Potato Casserole

I'm not going to lie this is not what I made last night, because what I made last night was a total flop, and since today is my birthday I won't be making dinner tonight either! Last night I made ravioli using left over won ton wrappers. Honestly I kind of made this one up. I read that you could make ravioli using won ton wrappers, and you can, but I probably should have read more into it and I would have realized they only need to cook for 2 minutes! Woops! Anyway, all that said I still don't think it was worth the effort when you can just go to the store and buy the frozen ones which I still think probably taste better. Although I didn't make this casserole last night, I did make it earlier this week and it's one meal I do on a fairly regular basis because me and my husband both enjoy it. It's kind of a spin on a Utah classic funeral potatoes, so if you like those I'm sure you like this one as well. So again let me know what you think!

Not the prettiest picture, but definitely tasty!


6-7 medium sized red potatoes quartered(no need to peel)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1 cup chopped ham
2 cups of cheese
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup bread crumbs (I just chop up the ends of a loaf of bread)

Boil potatoes for 12-15 just until tender. Pour into greased 9x13 casserole dish. Mix next 6 ingredients and mix in with potatoes (I just make it all in the pan.) Then mix melted butter and bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole. Cook at 350 for 45 minutes.

FYI- You should have enough potatoes to fill your casserole dish up about half way, if not just cut back a little on the cream of mushroom. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. what a good idea Ashlee! I will be trying the easy ones for sure since I am really not the greatest cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog...sounds yummy, I will have to make it, thanks for sharing. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete