Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chili Lime Chicken Tostada

I thought this would be a good recipe to start with since everyone is always looking for a good crock pot recipe. I found this recipe from a new favorite website of mine called realmomkitchen.com, if you get the chance check it out. This recipe will definitely be a keeper for me, first for the fact that it's cooked in the crock pot, and second just because it was really good! So without further ado, here's the recipe!


2 chicken breasts
1 onion minced
4 oz. can green chilies
1 clove or 1 t. minced garlic (I buy it in a jar already minced, much easier)
3 T lime juice
refried beans and any other toppings you like

Place chicken breast in crock pot (and yes it can be frozen) with onion on top. Mix green chilies, garlic, and lime juice and pour over top of chicken and let cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken from crock pot and shred. Pour 1 c. cooking juices over top. Serve tostada with warmed refried beans, which I added another 1/2 cup juices into as well, shredded chicken, and any other toppings of your choice.

I hope you like this recipe as much as I did. Let me know what you think!


p.s. I hope to have pictures next time but I just decided to do this early this morning so just use your imaginations or go to realmomkitchen.com and see her picture!

4 comments:

  1. okay, officially love it. i will be here visiting all the time trying to get ideas. you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Ash! So glad you started a recipe blog! I started posting some on mine too! Such a good idea. I want to try this one too. Looks yummy! Keep up the good work! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those recipes sound really good. This is a good idea. I was thinking about making a recipe blog with all of the recipes I rotate through on a regular basis just to have when we go on vacation so I don't have to take my recipe box with me (not like I would or anything) Anyways, I can't wait to try your recipes and the many more to come.

    ReplyDelete