Friday, January 29, 2010

Anything Goes Blond Brownies

So if you read my post yesterday you know I didn't make dinner last night, instead I was enjoying dinner out with my husband at Carraba's, love the bread and oil yum! As much as I like cooking I definitely enjoy letting someone else cook for me occasionally. Anyway with that said I did however make these yummy blond brownies on Wednesday. I love this recipe! The great thing about this recipe is it's easily altered by adding in whatever you happen to have. I've even been short on brown sugar and substituted white granulated sugar for what I was missing. This time I chose to use lightly crushed pretzels and chocolate chips, which sadly wasn't AS good as I was hoping. My favorite combination so far has been 1/2 c white chocolate chips, 1/4 c toffee bits, and 1/2 c pecans, so be creative and let me know what you think up! Oh and by the way if you haven't noticed I totally forgot to list cheese in the ingredients on the Heavenly Ham Casserole, it's there now but just so you make the correction if you thought about making it. If you ever notice a recipe of mine that looks like it should have cheese it probably should. I am so not a cheese lover..I know who doesn't love cheese right? Well, me! I'll try to be good about remembering to add it, but just so your on the look out!

7 Tb melted butter
1 c brown sugar (or half and half if that's what you got:)
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
1/4 t baking powder
1 c flour
3/4 c of any kind of choc., pb, white choc, or butterscotch chip or a combination

Preheat oven to 350. Mix melted butter and brown sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla. Then add salt, baking powder, and flour and mix well. Stir in chips of your choice. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. I always have to cook mine closer to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment