Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pineapple Watermelon Slushie

Ok so I originally got the idea for this slushie while browsing other blogs and saw one that used frozen watermelon and banana which I'm sure is delicious and I'll probably try soon, but I just happen to have an open can of pineapple that needed to be used and I had already cut up and froze the left over watermelon I had from a few days ago. To be honest I'm not a huge watermelon fan. I love watermelon flavored candy, but there's something about the watery texture that doesn't do much for me. Anyway for some reason since being pregnant I've enjoyed it a little more and Frank and Parker love it so I thought I'd buy one, and unfortunately it wasn't that great:( so I cut up the remaining half and stuck it in the freezer to try a watermelon slushie, and thank goodness I did because it was delicious!! Anyway if your looking for a cold sweet treat or need something to do with a leftover watermelon you definitely have to try this!


watermelon, cut into chunks and frozen
canned pineapple and juice

I don't really have measurements but for a single serving I put about a cup of frozen watermelon and just added pineapple and juice until I got the texture I wanted. I have some coconuts milk that I need to use up and definitely want to try adding a little because I think it would be delicious. I'm really excited to try some different fruits like banana..mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment