Thursday, July 7, 2011

Brooke's Bombshell Brownies

Apparently it's National Chocolate Day, at least that's what Kathy Lee and Hoda said. Don't ask me why I was watching them, but it just happen to be on and that's about all I heard. Anyway, I really was already planning on posting this recipe, but I just thought I could pretend like it was preplanned to post this brownie recipe. Anyway these brownies really are the bomb. I recently made these Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Frosting which were seriously divine, a little rich on the frosting, but yum, and since then have craved another brownie and these seriously hit the spot. Hopefully I'm not the only one with a hankering for brownies and you'll take the time to make these!

Recipe from allrecipe.com

1 cup butter, melted
3 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 and lightly greased 9x13 pan. In a large bowl combine butter, sugar, and vanilla (I did it all by hand, but only because I'm too lazy to pull out my mixer.) Add in eggs one at a time thoroughly mixing in between each egg. In separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt. Add flour mixture in a little at a time until completely combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/03/red-velvet-brownies-with-white-chocolate-frosting/

3 comments:

  1. i've been having these awful sugar cravings so i made this tonight. just for fun i did half chocolate chips and half butterscotch. they're great brownies. they're really similar in taste to the hershey's mix you get at costco (or you used to before they switched to ghirardelli). as sweet as they are one brownie totally curbed my sweet craving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could say just one curbed my sweet craving:) lately I just get it stuck in my head and I can't stop until I have a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been having the problem too! ahh. and the reviews were right. they were even better the second day. mmmm.

    ReplyDelete