Thursday, December 16, 2010

Brownie Covered Oreos!!!

These are delicious and so fun and easy to make! I'm not going to lie there is a bit of an art that I have yet to master to get them to come out perfectly, but even then they still taste great. So far I've only made them with Mint Oreos, but I'm hoping to try the Golden Oreos tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. I found this recipe at picky-palate.com. She has the most creative recipes, but desserts are by far her forte. Anyway if your looking for a fun and easy treat to make give these a try!

1 box of your favorite brownie mix and ingredients to make it
bag of Oreos
white chocolate (I chose not to drizzle anything on mine since I used mint brownies and I didn't want it to be too rich)

Preheat oven to 350. Make brownies as directed on package. Dip Oreos in brownie batter until completely covered. Place Oreos in generously greased muffin tins. Cook for 12-15 minutes. Immediately after coming out of oven take a plastic knife and run around sides to loosen brownie from pan. Allow to cool 5-8 minutes and then remove from pan. The biggest problem I think I had was the Oreo falling to the bottom and partially falling out and I've yet to figure out why some did and why some didn't. I'm hoping maybe the less time they sit in the pan until you put them in the oven the less time the Oreo has a chance to fall to the bottom??? Maybe after the Golden Oreos tomorrow I'll be an expert:)

No comments:

Post a Comment