Thursday, July 8, 2010

Spanish Rice Wraps

So I found this one from a ward cook book, gotta love the ward cook books. The original recipe had no meat so if your husband isn't as picky as mine and it sounds good to you without by all means give it a try. I think next time I would add 2 cans of tomatoes because I really like them and on the meat I'll put a little taco seasoning for a little extra layer of flavor. The best part of this dish is it's so quick and has few ingredients, and if you do it without ground beef it's a one dish meal, and most of all it's delicious! Sorry no picture I hurried and packed it up and hauled it to my husband at work for dinner. Maybe I'll remember and take on at lunch tomorrow:)

1 lb. ground beef-optional
1 box Spanish Rice A Roni
2 T. butter
1 c. salsa
2 c. water
1 or 2 15 oz. can tomatoes with green onions
1 can black beans or kidney beans, rinsed- I used black beans
1 can corn, drained

Cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain and set aside. In separate pan melt butter and add rice. Cook until golden brown add tomatoes, salsa, and 2 c. water. Bring to boil and reduce heat cover and allow to simmer for 15. Add hamburger, corn, and beans. Serve in tortillas (I used sun dried tomato wraps) with cheese and sour cream.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I made this tonight with a couple changes. I used some leftover turkey sausage I had (not ground) and added some green bell pepper, also I did throw in the taco seasoning. It was SOO good! Man, oh man, I will DEFINITELY be making this again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay I'm glad you liked it. I love to hear the changes you made and I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find a can of tomatoes with grn onions, I can only find grn chilies... will that work?

    ReplyDelete